If the pothole is in between the railroad tracks it is the responsibility of the railroad:

You will need to contact the company that owns the railroad.

Here are some contact numbers for a few of the larger railroad companies to get you started:

If the pothole is more than 1.5 feet outside the track area, they are Public Work's responsibility.

You can visit the Railway Crossings page on our main page for more information.

To report a pothole that is outside the track area, you can create a service request through our CK311 portal, email us at, or call us at 519-360-1998.