Click Open a New Case
- Fill in all the required fields. Remember to be as detailed as possible.
- Include further details of the location of the concern
- Include details on what exactly the concern is
- You can even attach a picture to help show what the concern is
- Put only one concern in each request
- Use the map feature to find the address of the concern
- Click Submit
To follow up on a case, you can check the “My requests” section if you have a portal account, or call 311 (locally) or 519-360-1998.
What you need for a grass cutting case:
- Location description if it is private property, municipal property or rural roadside
Please note that grass infractions are only in effect from April 1st to November 1st. Cases will not be enforced outside of that timeframe.
Chatham-Kent uses both the Weed Control Act and Chatham-Kent's Long Grass and Weed Height By-Law to control long grass and weeds on private property. These measures serve to protect public health and maintain property standards, as well as the farming and horticultural industries by preventing the spread of noxious weeds.
The Long Grass and Weed Height By-Law is enforced from April 1 through to November 1. All properties not subject to the Weed Control Act must cut the grass and weeds on their property when it exceeds 20 centimetres or 8 inches.
For more information, please watch this video on how to submit a service request.